Sunday, February 28, 2016

Danny Schultz final blog post

     Tim O'Brien is a narrator that really goes in depth with his novels. He writes a lot of war related books that show us the true meaning of what the life of being in "war" is like. The quote "It's safe to say that in a true war story nothing is ever absolutely true" (O'Brien 82). He shows us what it truly means to experience war and how to go through it, the narrator really analyzes his analysis on the book and shows us that no matter what happens no one will truly know what war is like until you have been through it first hand like O'Brien.  Tim O'Brien is the type of author that uses very descriptive words to really captivate our minds and show us that we are watching the soldiers firsthand, he draws us in and shows us and when you are reading the book it doesn't sound like you're reading it feel like you're really there watching the soldiers go through the things that they are going through.
     At first I really didn't think too much about O'Brien he was a great author in narrator, but once I started really reading it O'Brien shows us that matt at first I really didn't think too much about O'Brien he was a great author in narrator, but once I started really reading it O'Brien shows us that he has experienced these things, and understands what it is like. This book honestly could not be written by anyone else except someone who has gone through war. The book has things that O'Brien personally has seen, and no one else has. Yes, my opinion of him as changed, I really like the way the book is written out, and has O'Brien being the author and the narrator. The book has a unique approach too it and I like that he took such a risk being the author and narrator. I think that's what made the book so special.
     I think O'Brien chose himself to be the narrator is, so he could tell the novel the way he  envisioned it would always be, I think since he is the narrator in the author the story really changes because he is the one telling us everything that the soldiers have been going through I think Jimmy Cross going through the things that he has went through is part of O'Brien, I think O'Brien  has part of Jimmy Cross and him and I think that's why he such a powerful character because he can relate to him firsthand that may not be the case,  but in my opinion  I think that's what it means to O'Brien. He is the narrator and the author and he can develop the characters more since he is the one telling the story. I think this adds uniqueness and specialty, O'Brien does something different than what most people do and I think war changes people and I think that's why it is s I think this adds uniqueness and specialty, O'Brien does something different than what most people do and I think war changes people and I think that's why he is the one telling it, because it adds so much to the story since he is a veteran writing a war story.
     "Once you're alive, you can never be dead"(O'Brien 244). This quote used by O'Brien is so much more than what is on the surface. He is trying to covey to us that since you have lived the life you have lived, nothing can ever kill you, because you made you're mark on the world. When he writes about all of the soldiers, especially Jimmy Cross he is saying no matter what happens to them in battle, they have lived a strong heartfelt life and they are the ones fighting for our country, they lay their own lives out on the battlefield and do not expect anything from anyone. O'Brien is a type of author that does show true meaning in war and life in general. He sends a message saying to never give up because you have made the mark on the world that everyone will remember.  I truly like him as an author and after reading this book he showed me so much about what really goes on in war, he shows us that the little things matter to the soldiers and I think that's what really sets me apart from the rest is because he as little detail in this novel. He is an  exceptional writer and really  captivates you're emotion right off the bat and keeps it until the end!
-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment